Saturday, September 3, 2011

Well,  the last month or so has been a little crazy....after my hubby being away for work for the best part of a month I made it along to a much awaited craft class; to learn more about using the wonderful copic pens.  I came home so excited and with many new colours only to wake the next morning with the flu and have spent the best part of the last 4 weeks trying to get rid of it.  I am now back to normal (almost) and have finally enjoyed playing with my new colours and putting newly acquired techniques to use.
I have had many family birthday's to create for, so the first card was made using my new Marci stamp from La La Land.  I purchased her to practise adding some dimension to hair and what better image to start with.  I made a simple step card design, adding a few rhinestones and prima flowers to complete this simple card for my gorgeous and cheeky niece.





 The next card was made for another niece and sister to the previously mentioned little monkey.  I used a Sarah Kay image that was inked and sent to me by my amazingly talented cousin a while ago.  I coloured her after I purchased my first copics and have had it sitting on my desk waiting for use.  I wished I had waited until I had more colours and a better idea of how to use them before colouring this lovely young lady, but I could not bare to see her go to waste and decided that a teenage card was the perfect place for her.


 This set of Father's day cards where made with my newly acquired "Father" sentiment stamp from Arnolds at Rothwell (Brisbane).  I wanted a more masculine look for these cards and eventually settled on this red, black and white colour scheme. The papers used for these cards are "Black and White Timeless" by Kaisercraft with some walnut coloured distress ink applied to tone down the white, with a few black rhinestones and ribbon to complete.




No comments:

Post a Comment