Saturday, October 1, 2011

Gustavianesque Styled Christmas card

We are officially at the end of our September school holidays and I have had such a great time with my kidlets.  I decided not to craft while they were home, instead enjoying battles on the Wii, board games, baking and our first trip to the beach (not bad considering it is still Spring!!).  However, the latest challenge at Tomic caught my eye a few days ago and I decided I wanted to play along, using the inspirational pic and sketch below I set to work to create my first Christmas card. 





I made a little white Christmas wreath from a recycled white plastic shopping bag cut into strips and tied to some garden wire then added some white ribbons to complete; this forms the centrepiece of my little project and the frame for little Tilda. 












I wish to enter the following challenges:
TOMIC #17 Get Inspired

To make this card I used:
Copic sketch markers - E50, 51, 55, 57, 30,33,37, R 22, 20, 24, 27
Magnolia Tilda rubber stamp
Gold spica pen
White plastic shopping bag
Thin wire
White ribbon
White cardstock by DCWC Matchmaker
All patterned papers are from December 25th Kaisercraft pad
Jewels are December 25th self adhesive pearls by Kaisercraft

1 comment:

  1. beautiful! what a great idea to use the ribbon around the image! and great coloring

    ReplyDelete