Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Relax and smell the flowers...

I had two reasons for making this card today, the first to send to my dearest friend for her birthday and the second to enter it in my first ever challenge!  I have been wanting to do this for a while but have been a little hesitant and not too sure how to do all the linky up stuff....so hopefully I will figure all this out.
This morning I read about the Shabby Tea Roon "relax and enjoy" challenge and instantly knew how I wanted this card to look ( http://theshabbytearoom.blogspot.com/2011/07/week-72-relax-and-enjoy.html ).






I hand made some more paper flowers using pink and yellow polka dot paper which I combined with some store purchased flowers to create a shabby effect.  I did not want to use a coloured image on this card, instead preferring to use the word "relax" as the focal point. 



For this card I used:
Foof-a-la - Autumn leaves paper
Avalon -Fantasy paper
Avalon - Illusion paper
7 Gypies - Victoria paper
yellow cardstock
black rhinestones by kaisercraft
black raised letters (from Spotlight)
White flowers by Prima
Pink flowers from Blossies Scrapbooking Store
Black satin ribbon
Yellow craft ribbon
Buttons from my oddments box.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on entering your very FIRST challenge .. the Shabby Girls are honored to have your card in our gallery this week! Look at all those beautiful flowers - WOW!! So happy you shared your creation with us all -- see you next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!! I love those flowers and the papers :-) Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful card with us this week at The Shabby Tea Room :-)

    ReplyDelete